Childcare Centre’s operate under many daunting filing compliance obligations.
The Public Records Office of Victoria (PROV) sets the best practice records keeping standard for Australia. In relation to Childcare records related to legal proceedings PROV states that:
“Certain records cannot be destroyed, even if they’re classed as temporary.
- Records which are reasonably likely to be needed for current or future legal proceedings, including any civil or criminal proceeding or any inquiry in which evidence may be given before a court or person acting judicially such as a Royal Commission or Board of Inquiry, cannot be destroyed. Even if the minimum requirement set out in a RDA has passed.
- The Limitation of Actions Act 1958 was amended in 2015, removing all limitation periods that apply to civil actions for damages founded on child sexual abuse. This means that Victorian public sector offices cannot destroy any records which are reasonably likely to be needed for civil action legal proceedings, for at least the life of the child and possibly longer. “
The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse (RCIRCSA) highlighted critical recordkeeping issues. The RCIRCSA Final Report recommended records be retained for a minimum of 45 years after the incident. Read more here
In addition, there are many general business filing and records storage needs that must be attended to each day.
Let Info-Organiser handle your filing load.
- Easily scan and file day to day client and HR records
- Cost effective and compliant archive scanning of old files
- Paperless filing of accounts payable and receivable info
Care for your info and organise your business.
- ATO compliant for best-practise filing
- Privacy controlled for peace of mind
- VERS registered and accredited with PROV
- A green-tick environment friendly solution
- Windows based and easy to use
Part of providing a quality service
“My staff soon saw the advantage of electronic files when it came time to find what they want. Overall, our day is more efficient which allows more time to devote to program planning and delivery of a quality childcare service.” Doug Burns, Acorn Child Care Centres, Bundaberg, Qld.
You’ll save time and money when you get your childcare centre records compliance and storage under control. Organise a demo for your childcare centre today.